Marlene Venter is the host that will welcome you to the establishment. She has extensive world-wide travel experience and understands the needs and expectations of visiting guests. Zeno Venter is the co-host and will make sure that your visit to Hermanus will be full of excitement and well-remembered.
The Whale on Main Sustainability and Community Involvement
- Installed a two thousand liter water tank to harvest rainwater to use as swimming pool top up.
- Installed an energy efficient heat pump to heat our hot water (35% saving on electricity).
- Installed 5 solar heating panels to heat swimming pool (Zero carbon footprint).
- Installed an inverter backed up by solar panels and lithium batteries (Renewable source of energy using the sun).
- Recycling glass and plastic.
- Donating used furniture and linen to local charities.
- Sourcing fresh fruit and vegetables from local suppliers.
- Sourcing glass bottled water from Tessies Genuine Mineral Water, bottling at the source in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley.
- Sourcing free range eggs from Barne Eggs.
- Donating room nights to the Hermanus community as prizes in competitions and fundraisers.
Great guest house with very likeable and caring host couple.
Zeno and Marlene are the perfect hosts and do everything they can to make their guests feel comfortable. We received many valuable tips, including restaurant recommendations. The house with guest rooms are very tastefully furnished. The breakfast was extremely varied and good. In a few minutes you can reach the pittoresken coastal path. The center of Hermanus with restaurants and art galleries can also be reached in a few... Read this review
Best place to enjoy Hermanus
Wonderful modern B&B! Room was exceptionally comfortable with kingsize bed, balcony and amazing view! Zeno made us feel home straight away, giving us lots of nice tips about Hermanus. Breakfast was delicious, freshly cooked every morning (I especially loved the mushrooms). You can do very nice walks along the coast and in the mountains close by. We even saw some brydes whales!
The most perfect BnB close to the centre of town. The hosts, Zeno and Marlene, were incredibly inviting and made the most The hosts were incredible, the home cooked breakfast was perfect to start the day and the accommodation was homely!
As a solo traveller, i needed somewhere i could call home for a week while i adventured off all over the place......this was it! I have never before stayed somewhere quite as fantastic as this. Marlene welcomed me with zero fuss, showed me what i needed to know and let me to get on with my busy trip. The Room - Massive, beautiful, clean and comfortable....you know that feeling... Read this review